In 2015 the organization expanded its scope to provide resources and support to blood and marrow transplant patients and their families. A patient and family special interest group was established in order to assist the CBMTG in identifying the needs of patients and caregivers and direct CBMTG’s initiatives for meeting these needs.
The first initiative of this group was to create a patient and caregiver membership, which would provide access to the below benefits.
The Patient and Caregiver membership is open to all blood and marrow (stem cell) transplant patients and caregivers of transplant patients.
All new members receive a free trial year. Following the year trial period, membership is as follows:
1-year Membership ($10 + tax) January 1 — December 31 of current year
*Please note the trial year expires on December 31 of current year.
- Inclusion in the CBMTG patient and family email list
- Receive information on upcoming CBMTG patient and caregiver events such as symposia and webinars
- Opportunity to participate as a member of the Patient and Caregiver Special Interest Group
- Attend monthly calls to connect with other patients and caregivers and discuss items of interest to each member
- Participate in planning patient and caregiver events hosted by the CBMTG, such as educational symposia and webinars
- Assist in identifying patient and caregiver needs and how the CBMTG can meet those needs
- Access to the CBMTG patient and caregiver discussion forum, an online forum where you can connect with other patients and caregivers and ask questions
*Please note that the patient and family membership includes voting rights for matters within the patient and family special interest group only. Patient and Family Members are not entitled to vote in general elections or participate in the annual general meeting.